The Lukavec Brewery Near Fulnek
Keywords:history, Lukavec, Pelz, brewery
The Augustinian Fulnek brewery was founded in Lukavec probably already during the 16th century. It was rebuilt in 1607 after its temporary closure and then in 1663 after the Thirty Years' War. Under the Josephine reforms the Augustinian monastery was abolished. The owners of the Lukavec brewery then alternated in rapid succession until 1880 when the brewery was bought by Wilhelm Rattay. Thanks to him, there have been major technological changes. Josef Pelz took the place of the master brewer in 1889. He rented the brewery in 1896 and bought it in 1907. The locally significant and fully pro-German Pelz family owned the brewery until the very end of the Second World War. In 1947, the brewery was closed and until the end of the millennium the building became gradually dilapidated and some parts of the brewery collapsed. Since 2000, a small carpentry workshop has been housed in the brewery, the owner of which gradually renews its historical site.